Mastering Historical Fiction
Flashbacks, Historical Novels, Time Travel - Now You Can Do It All!
Why limit yourself to only one moment in time when you can explore an infinite variety of times and places?
In one powerful teaching session, historical fiction master Teresa Funke will teach you exactly what you need to write confidently about any moment in history.
Historical Fiction is a Cornerstone of Literature.
Now, you can become part of this treasured literary tradition.
Think of your five favorite fiction books.
Of that group, how many are set in a time and place other than here and now?
If you're like most book lovers, chances are the majority of those books - perhaps even all of them - qualify as historical fiction. That's how beloved - and important - historical fiction is to readers.
Being able to transport readers to another era is a fundamental skill that every author needs in order to build a lasting fiction writing career.
But it's a tricky subject, and one that has been hard to teach in a concise and clear manner.
In this remarkable Masterclass, historical fiction master Teresa Funke, renowned for her vividly-crafted books set during World War 2, will teach you exactly how to write historical fiction.
Whether it's a flashback set in a current-day novel, or an entire work of fiction set in another time and place, Mastering Historical Fiction will be all you'll need to embark on some seriously exciting time travel!
A Comprehensive Class for Fiction Writers That Will Expand Your Horizons - and Your Opportunities
- The current market opportunities for historical fiction.
- The types of historical events that lend themselves to good storytelling.
- How to avoid major pitfalls like info dumps and imbalances between fact and fiction.
- Whether you should ever take liberties with history.
- How to conduct your research and organize your drafts.
- Whether you should outline or not.
- How to create believable, engaging characters for your story.
- How to write dialogue that truly fits your time period.
- How to choose historical details that make us feel like we’re right there.
- How to write a children’s book or picture book using historical settings.
If you've ever experienced a Teresa Funke seminar, class or teaching session, you know that's she's an astonishing writing educator. This is a unique opportunity to get direct instruction from Teresa that will transform your writing career.
Award-winning author and in-demand writer's coach. Teresa is the author of numerous books for young readers, including self-published hits Dancing In Combat Books, V for Victory and Wave Me Goodbye.