The Children's Nonfiction Market: How To Break In & How to Succeed
Your opportunity to join the booming children's nonfiction market.
- Jan B.
Children’s Nonfiction is booming - and now's the perfect time to become part of this exciting market.
It's a fact: children's nonfiction offers far more opportunities than fiction for getting published.
With increasing interest in nonfiction picture and gift books, graphic and YA nonfiction, Common Core and other initiatives, there are great opportunities for writers to find work and place projects in this fast-growing genre.
And children’s nonfiction can be every bit as creative, fun, and rewarding as fiction.
- The current opportunities in kidlit nonfiction, and which niches are growing the fastest.
- The different types of children's nonfiction, and which ones you might aim for.
- The ingredients of a great nonfiction book.
- Your choices for getting published, including traditional, self-publishing, book packagers, organizations and associations.
- How to put together a nonfiction proposal for a publisher or agent.
- A list of top children's nonfiction publishers (book and magazine).
- A list of top book packagers.
- The top ten nonfiction series/authors to study.
- Useful nonfiction links.
This is a rare chance to learn directly from an absolute expert in children's nonfiction. Don't miss it!
- Sharon, princesschannel.com
Lionel Bender is the author of over 70 nonfiction books for children, and the editorial partner of Bender Richardson White, an editorial, design, and production team serving major book and magazine publishers in North America and Europe.
He is also a regular speaker on children's book publishing and self-publishing. He was the co-director of the 21st Century Children's Nonfiction Conference from 2013-2016.
- Eleanor Peterson, author of Jurassic Rat