Can we let you in on a secret?
Many of the books being published today aren't really the product of the publishing company listed on the spine. They're actually written, researched, edited, illustrated, and sometimes even printed via a third party company.
That company? The book packager.
Few writers have any idea who these book packagers are, let alone how they can be a vibrant and ongoing source of opportunity for authors looking to get published.
In this comprehensive workshop, author, educator and successful book packager Lionel Bender will teach you exactly how to take advantage of this incredible opportunity.
Here's the reality:
In these days of shrinking budgets and staff cutbacks, publishers often find themselves unable to create and publish new books on their own. So, they outsource these tasks to companies known as book packagers.
But these book packagers are far more than just helping hands. Book packagers are actively working to find new authors, book ideas, fiction series and more to sell directly to publishers.
If writers know who these companies are, what they're looking for and how to approach them the right way, the publishing opportunities are limitless.
But here's the problem: there are very few experts on the subject of book packagers, and even fewer with the skills to teach authors how to take full advantage of these opportunities.
Luckily, we happen to know the expert on the subject: Lionel Bender.
Now, in one powerful teaching session, Lionel will teach you everything you need to take full advantage of the fantastic opportunities available to you.
Lionel isn't just a successful author of more than 70 books. He's the editorial partner in Bender Richardson White, a major book packaging company that has created more than 1,000 books.
Lionel is a widely known and respected player in this market and one of the most knowledgeable people on this subject you could possibly meet.
In this workshop, he'll provide clear, actionable direction that will help you connect with book packagers, discover opportunities, understand contracts and much more.
It's a goldmine of information that, until now, has been very, very hard to come by.
Imagine a writing career in which the work comes to you. Instead of chasing editors and agents, you'll be doing what you love: writing.
How to Get Published with Book Packagers will teach you exactly what you need to start working directly with book packagers:
- The origins of book packagers and why publishers use them
- The range and diversity of books and educational materials book packagers produce—both fiction and nonfiction, children’s and adult, trade, school-and-library, educational, novelty products and branded products
- How to identify titles created by book packagers
- The similarities and differences between book packagers, creation houses, development houses, and full service providers
- How to find and connect with book packagers and independent producers
- What to expect when working with a book packager or independent producer
- Understanding book packager contracts and payment terms
- Why you don't need an agent to work with book packagers
- How to use book packagers as a back door to working with publishers directly
- And, for those who want to be entrepreneurs, understanding book packaging as a business you might wish to start
You'll also get a comprehensive PDF handout to accompany the session, that includes:
- Lionel's personal list of top book packagers and independent book producers
- Resource links
- Lionel’s tips for what to look out for in book packagers’ contracts
- Sample proposals for series books
This is a rare chance to learn directly from a highly successful book packager who is also an author - and knows exactly what you need to learn to succeed. Don't miss it!