Grab and Hold the Attention of Agents and Editors
An acclaimed industry insider reveals the secrets that make editors and agents sit up and take notice.
If you're tired of getting stuck in the slushpile, receiving form rejection letters and wondering why no one is responding to your work, you need to hear what Emma has to say!
What turns editors and agents on?
Why does one manuscript get ignored while another gets a contract?
You're About to Find Out!
Over the course of a nearly three-decade career, Emma Dryden has done -- and seen -- it all. She's uncovered and shepherded beloved books to bestseller lists and the industry's highest honors and awards.
Now, in this historic Masterclass, Emma shares her secrets for grabbing the attention of an editor or agent with your manuscript -- and keeping them hooked!
- The right way to research agents, editors, and publishing houses.
- How to craft a query letter that demonstrates professionalism.
- How -- and why -- to do proper research before submitting.
- How to truly know what your manuscript is about so you can pitch it like a pro.
- How to address the hurdles ALL authors—unpublished, newly-published, or long-published—face in today’s marketplace.
- How to read like an editor inside and outside your genre.
- How to know when you're ready to submit.
- Revision tools and techniques to put into practice before ever submitting your work.
- and much more!
BONUS: The session includes the full Q&A from the live session. That's an extra hour of pure instruction!
Renowned editor, former Vice President, Publisher of Atheneum Books for Young Readers and Margaret K. McElderry Books, imprints of Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing.
Books published under her guidance have received numerous awards and medals, among them the Newbery Medal, Newbery Honor, Caldecott Honor, National Book Award nomination, Coretta Scott King Award, Indies Choice Book Award and New York Times Best Illustrated Award.