The Children's Nonfiction Market: Your Path to Publication
A successful author and industry insider guides you to success in the booming children's nonfiction market.
- Jan B.
Find Your Path to Publication in the booming Children’s Nonfiction market.
It's a fact: children's nonfiction offers far more opportunities than fiction for getting published.
With increasing interest in nonfiction picture and gift books, graphic and YA nonfiction, Common Core and other initiatives, there are great opportunities for writers to find work and place projects in this fast-growing genre.
And children’s nonfiction can be every bit as creative, fun, and rewarding as fiction.
- The current opportunities in kidlit nonfiction, and which niches are growing the fastest.
- The different types of children's nonfiction, and which ones you might aim for.
- The ingredients of a great nonfiction book.
- Your choices for getting published, including traditional, self-publishing, book packagers, organizations and associations.
- How to put together a nonfiction proposal for a publisher or agent.
- A list of top children's nonfiction publishers (book and magazine).
- A list of top book packagers.
- The top ten nonfiction series/authors to study.
- Useful nonfiction links.
This is a rare chance to learn directly from an absolute expert in children's nonfiction. Don't miss it!
- Sharon, princesschannel.com
Lionel Bender's career as successful writer, editor, book packager, and commentator on children’s book publishing spans more more than 40 years.
He's the author of more than 70 books for children, and spent 31 years as editorial partner of Bender Richardson White, an editorial, design, and production book packager serving major book and magazine publishers in North America and Europe.
- Eleanor Peterson, author of Jurassic Rat