Creating a Magical Picture Book with Emotion, Compassion & Heart
with NY Times Bestselling author Pat Zietlow Miller
How different would your writing career be?
The "X factor" that makes a picture book timeless and memorable is emotion.
Thanks to her remarkable ability to imbue her work with emotion, compassion and heart, Pat Zietlow Miller has made a huge splash in the picture book world, with 23 books to her credit.
Pat is a NY Times Bestselling picture author and recipient of numerous awards.
Her first book, Sophie's Squash, won the Golden Kite Award for best picture book text. It also won an Ezra Jack Keats New Writer Honor, a Charlotte Zolotow Honor and a Crystal Kite Award.
Be Kind spent 10 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list and garnered glowing reviews from Publishers Weekly, Booklist, Kirkus Reviews, School Library Journal and many others.
She is among the most prominent authors in the burgeoning SEL picture book field.
This has been one of the best webinars I've seen in many years - Mary
The X Factor: Adding Emotion, Compassion & Heart to Create a Magical Picture Book Manuscript is a two hour session (with lifetime access and an exclusive PDF handout packed with useful info) that will help you add real emotion and connection to your picture book manuscripts.
- What is emotional impact?
- Why is it important in picture books?
- Why the current global climate is leading editors to seek emotional and compassionate picture books.
- Pat's techniques for finding the emotion that already exists in your story concept.
- Pat's powerful techniques for adding sincere emotion and heart throughout your text.
- A full review of Pat's favorite techniques.
- An extensive reading list of picture books with real emotional impact.
A sampling of what our customers have to say about
The X Factor: Adding Emotion, Compassion & Heart to Create a Magical Picture Book Manuscript: