Writing Nonfiction for the School & Library Market
Become part of a growing, lucrative market with less competition. A great opportunity for any writer!
Imagine an expanding writing market that's in constant need of new books.
Where writers like you are making a living without an agent. And without having to do endless promotion.
Where the constant cycle of submission & rejection ends - because the work comes to you!
Here's the Truth:
Now, in one powerful teaching session, Lionel Bender - author of more than 70 children's nonfiction books - will show you how to break into the growing School & Library Market... and succeed!
In this nearly 2 hour workshop, Lionel will teach you exactly what you need to start writing nonfiction for the School & Library Market.
- The current state of the School & Library Market.
- How to understand the key players in the industry - and what they want from writers.
- How to become part of the pipeline for new book assignments.
- The specific skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
- How to create powerful resumes and proposals that will build long-term relationships with publishers and book packagers.
- The writing process that works best for this market.
- How to expand your earning potential via school visits, magazine writing and more.
- Lionel's personal list of top School & Library publishers, book packagers and magazines.
- Sample Guidelines.
- Sample Book Synopsis & Action Plan.
- Sample Editorial Plan.
Lionel Bender's career as successful writer, editor, book packager, and commentator on children’s book publishing spans more more than 40 years.
He's the author of more than 70 books for children, and spent 31 years as editorial partner of Bender Richardson White, an editorial, design, and production book packager serving major book and magazine publishers in North America and Europe.